Sunnyvale, Calif. – June 25, 2014 – PLUMgrid, the worldwide leader of secure cloud networks for public and private clouds, today announced the general availability of the PLUMgrid OpenStack Networking Suite and its deployment at leading IT solutions and telecom service provider Swisscom (SCMN.VX).
“Many enterprises adopting private cloud, as well as service providers offering public cloud, have a genuine need for network infrastructure that is closely aligned with the performance, scalability, security and automation requirements that cloud demands,” said Brad Casemore, Director of Research for Datacenter Networks at IDC. “These customers also have operational models that are different from those of traditional enterprises with more conventional client-server workloads. PLUMgrid is focused exclusively on this cloud opportunity, correctly perceiving that cloud implies a set of requirements that traditional approaches to networking, architectural and operational, were not designed to solve.”
- Encrypted Virtual Domain – end-to-end data plane encryption for all network traffic within a Virtual Domain. This unique capability provides cryptographic isolation across tenants, removes threats of cross-contamination and security exposure, and helps businesses meet compliance requirements.
- Terabits of Performance – 40Gbs of throughput per server and terabits of scale-out performance by leveraging hardware offload capabilities within x86 servers and NICs. Details of integration and results of performance benchmarks with Mellanox are available at www.plumgrid.com.
- Cloud Scale – PLUMgrid’s unique distributed architecture allows users to scale to thousands of Virtual Domains and tens of thousands of workloads across multiple racks and locations to build large-scale cloud networks.
PLUMgrid is also announcing the completion of its Series B round of financing, totaling $16.2 million. Longworth Venture Partners led the investment, with participation from U.S. Venture Partners, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Qualcomm Ventures and Swisscom Ventures. The additional funding will help PLUMgrid grow its global sales and marketing efforts, and continue to innovate for new markets.
“PLUMgrid addresses a hard problem for cloud infrastructure – how to deliver secure, scalable and automated cloud networks,” said Nilanjana Bhowmik, PLUMgrid board member and partner at Longworth Venture Partners. “The PLUMgrid team brings together solid leadership, great technology, customer focus and impeccable execution. We see a broad set of use cases for their technology, and strong capabilities to continue to lead the market.”
“Much of the discussion around cloud computing today is focused on finding ways to deploy cloud environments faster, and cloud operators know networking is slowing it down. Today, PLUMgrid’s open software solution helps to remove networking pains, allows for faster deployment of OpenStack clouds, and enables customers to maintain scale, performance and security.”
– Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“PLUMgrid is delivering security, scale and performance for OpenStack networking. The PLUMgrid OpenStack Networking Suite promises to simplify building and operating cloud infrastructure by delivering virtualized network services at scale to solve cloud networking issues in the modern data center.”
– Nick Lippis, Co-Founder and Co-Chair, Open Networking User Group
“The leadership team behind PLUMgrid has a track record of developing innovative technologies in the network and virtualization infrastructure space and backing it up with solid execution. USVP partners with entrepreneurs that have a strong vision and big ideas. PLUMgrid is the first company to tackle the cloud network problem head-on and holistically. An end-to-end solution in this space will go a long way in getting service providers and enterprises to adopt public and private cloud at large scales.”
– Jacques Benkoski, PLUMgrid board member and Partner, U.S. Venture Partners
PLUMgrid provides secure virtual network infrastructure for private and public clouds. The PLUMgrid OpenStack Networking Suite, featuring the unique Virtual Domains™, is a distributed software suite that gives cloud operators the ability to build a scalable cloud infrastructure and offer secure, multi-tenant, advanced network services to applications and users. Founded in 2011, PLUMgrid is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and is funded by top-tier venture and strategic investors. For more information on PLUMgrid OpenStack Networking Suite, the PLUMgrid Platform, Virtual Domains and IO Visor™ visit www.plumgrid.com, read the latest posts on the PLUMgrid blog http://www.plumgrid.com/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter @PLUMgrid.